Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Parisiene Eye makeup with Soap &Glory Eye Smoulder Kohl

Today's look was very low key as I had only 5 minutes to do my makeup. The photos below were taken almost 9 hours after it was applied. The S&G liner wore well through out with almost no smearing. Soap and Glory debut their makeup range at Boots and I was pretty happy to snag 2 items, The kohl liner and the cheek and lip stain CHEEKMATE. I tried to emulate the Parisiene makeup look created by Kay Montano for Because London. Didn't turn out exactly as the final effect as I had little time to do the bottom eye. So I kept it simple and was happy with the result. 


Right eye
Left eye
On the eyes, I applied Priori Concealer SPF25 as eye shadow base. It works well as a base and illuminates the eye, hiding any discolorations. Then the I got on with applying Terre d' Oc black liquid eyeliner to the top lash line adding a little flick. The S&G kohl liner was traced above the liquid liner, lower and upper and water line to add a bit of drama. For mascara, Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara in black to add definition ( this mascara does perform well for work and doesn't look overtly lash-ey or dolly like)

Barely there lips with this eye
For cheeks, I applied Lily lolo blush in Candy Girl ( lovely icy pink) and the lips, Clinique Chubby stick in 07 Super Strawberry.

Quick look at the CHEEKMATE lip and cheek stain blurb- It is meant to boost your natural cheek and lip color- experience tells me this rarely does the job. But then, how many things in life does exactly what it says on the tin? I will put it to the test soon.

The concealer works as sun protection and a highlighter. It does protect the skin around the eyes gently. As far as intelligent makeup goes- I would like people to use this to provide protection to the much neglected eye area. Comments like your eyes looks so fresh comes with this product. I find that the skin around my eyes looks pretty healthy and fresh even after taking the concealer off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment