Thursday, 13 October 2011

Vapour Organic beauty: Stratus Instant Skin Perfector 903 ( Gold)swatch and review


I first discovered Vapour Beauty cosmetics 1 ½ years ago when I was researching organic cosmetics furiously. I wanted cosmetics that performed equally to mainstream brands without petrochemical derived components and animal testing. Vapour cosmetics stood out amongst many due to the company ethos and range of products available. They have a transparent policy on the ingredients in the products and also provide tips on how to use their products which I do like. Eric Sakas, co-founder of Vapour was at one time, partner to sadly demised infamous Makeup Artist Kevyn Aucoin who authored my much loved Making Faces book.

The company itself has excellent customer service as I came to place my orders and the items arrived in pristine condition. The only annoying thing about ordering cosmetics from the USA is the exorbitant customs charge that gets slapped on. I also received free gifts with purchase ( the delicious Elixir Plumping Lip gloss in Tease and Lux, their organic lip conditioner which is so glossy) and in my books is always a treat ensuring repeat custom.

What did I order? I ordered quite a number of items and  I had to have their stellar products, Stratus Instant skin perfector in 902 and Stratus II in shade 903. Both products act as moisturiser and primer in a stick. Shade 902 applied clear with a translucent prismatic glow on the skin whilst 903 was made specifically to create a golden radiance to the skin. The product is in a stick form and you swipe it all over the skin after your skincare, no dry time needed. I have to say I am addicted to how my skin feels with this product on. I am a MAC NC42 and Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation shade Honey for reference.

I would say that skin feels like velvet with this on and it blurs minor imperfections including acne scars. It is actually compatible with other makeup products, my favourite combination is to apply Stratus on top of my Luzern SPF 30( great SPF that can be applied around the eyes with no irritation- see it here www.naturisimo.com ) , some cream blusher on the cheeks and lips(my current favourite, Revolution organics 3 in 1 Freedow Glow in Blushed- see it herewww.saffronrouge.com) and finish with Terre d'Oc Terre d'Eclat Bronzing powder 802 Soleil dore Sahara (see it here atwww.amarya.co.uk or www.opheliaorganics.co.uk ). A bit of clear gloss , mascara and kajal (black for sure) and I am good to go.

The pros:
Does not cause oiliness or ball up like other primers.
Lets the skin breathe and nourishes it with organic oils
Wears better as the day progresses
Non comedogenic and no milia when used around the eyes.
Makeup wears longer with no oxidation
You don't have to be a makeup artist to get a clean finish
The colourlessness would translate well on all skin tones including dark Asian or black skin types.

The cons:
Expensive to buy overseas and get it shipped
Can look greasy if to much is applied, little at a time is best
The packaging needs some work as it looks boring and cheap
The twist up mechanism can become dysfunctional
 For more information on the products, check out their website www.vapourbeauty.com

Stratus 903 swatched on the right, Revolution Organic Organic Glow in Blushed on the Left



Stratus Instant perfector 903 up close

No comments:

Post a Comment