Saturday, 11 February 2012

Quick mention on Rose hip oil, acne scarring and makeup mess

I am so sorry for not posting in a while. I fear my time has been best spent not being very productive creatively speaking. I have been thinking lately that there hasn't been much inspiration coming from my ardent makeup collection or checking out new makeup arrivals.

Perhaps this could be due to my burgeoning collection that sometimes leaves little to be desired in terms of organisation. I have since re-organised a capsule set that I leave by my bathroom sink stand for ease of access. I am determined to have it least tampered with by limiting access to the rest of the makeup items not made the cut.

IMATS came and went. Illamasqua pumps out another collection, NARS's latest foray into SPF30 tinted moisturiser is still making its mark in the USA ( I want to try this badly), and I am trying out the minimal makeup look ( que Laura Mercier Bonne Minne pallette). For now, makeup routine is heavily reliant on maintaining good clear skin and therefore skincare is taking precedence.

I would like to mention here that I have been testing out Rose hip oil as night time moisturiser and treatment. I am keen to put this out there that Rose hip oil has taken a back seat since Argan oil took over. I am here to say, having tested out both oils, Rose hip oil is winning hands down. I am 32 years old, and have been on the preventative skincare routine since my early 20's. I have always used a moisturiser with SPF30 and an eye cream. I am pleased to say that I have managed to stave off the formation of fine lines this far.

In my teenage years, I suffered a bout of acne which left my cheeks with some unsightly ice pick scarring. I do not have the courage to undergo harsh skin resurfacing owing to my Asian genetics which renders me prone to keloid scarring.

I wanted to try out RHO (rose hip oil) which is touted to have tretinoin ( retinoic acid derivative) which has skin regenerating properties minus the drying effect. Over the last 3 months, my skincare routine is basically, day time: cleanse, eye cream ( 100%pure coffee bean eye cream), moisturise with FAB ( First Aid beauty) 5 in 1 SPF 30 moisturiser and at night: Rosafina RHO and the face cream.

I feel pretty satisfied with this current regime. I wake up in the morning with very soft almost porcelain like feel to the skin. No breakouts, or dryness to report. I see the effects daily, and during winter, the dryness that typically occur is not there. Any make up I put on goes on smooth without collecting into the pores.

I feel I still need to give it some more time, it takes at least 6 months in my opinion to prove any skincare regime is worth its salt. One thing I will advice, the dose of the oil depends very much on the skin type. I have normal to dry skin. I use at least 10 drops of oil to cover face and neck. I even dab a little around the eyes and it helps with hydration without causing puffiness.

Good brands for Rose Hip oil are Trilogy and Rio Rosa in my opinion. I am familiar with the processing technique of the oil and cold pressed are the best. I hear A'kin does RHO and is compatible with most skin. Look for RHO derived from rosa canina or rosa mosqueta for best results.

Just the tip of the iceberg of makeup disorganisation :)

I am sure I am forgetting some things I would like to mention. I will hope to post  my thoughts as I go along. I am hoping to be resolute in terms of minimising makeup clutter, do you share this resolution too?

Mantra of the day: 'I will endeavour to minimise time spent on activities which bums my mood,Amen'


No comments:

Post a Comment