Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Nude tribute: Jane Iredale PureMoist Lipstick Sharon

By accident, I may have discovered a perfect dupe for the Tom Ford Indian Rose lipstick. Indian Rose  is a gorgeous mauve/pink shade perfect for that Bollywood lip look that I had once been so entrenched in. A good colour swatch and comparison can be seen here at Full Time Ford. I must say that this is a beautiful color on most skin tones owing  to the antique pink shade. Mine is getting a lot of love but I am reserving it for special occasions. It was an indulgent lipstick buy at the duty free in Heathrow.

But, having said that, my quest for the Nude lip is a love/hate story. The Nude lip I am after  is not chalky or the '2 slivers of liver' look ( You can thank Mally Roncal of Mally Beauty for that term). A moist, pinkish peach YLBB that is hydrating and long lasting would be nice for my full but dark lips. It is so easy to get wrong. 

My recent purchase from BeingContent was the RMS Beauty Cream eyeshadow in Karma ( a cool blackish brown for a nice stain on the lids) and Jane Iredale PureMoist Lip colour in Sharon. 

True to life colour and finish for once- thank you iphone


Jane Iredale Pure Moist lipstick in Sharon
The color is described as nude peach/pink and the finish is almost matte with no shimmer. It maintains a certain patina like finish without appearing dry and it maintains the lip hydrated. Not bad for a bought unseen venture. I feel this will look good on most skin tones but especially medium to dark skin tones ( both warm and cool) will love how it just looks polished. I don't have a problem with cracked lips or lipstick bleeding, but this does not feel like a formula that will travel south if given half a chance. 

I went further by dabbing the shade on the cheeks ( again the multi functional side of me takes over).The shade was a lovely powder pink reminiscent of Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder pink. Not oily, not shiny just a glow on the cheeks. I think it retails around £16 on BeingContent. A definite bargain compared to Tom Ford lipsticks for sure, and the ingredients list reads well for me. No parabens and smells of Vanilla.No obvious taste to the lipstick too.  

Your lips but better ? Why not.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment