Thursday, 26 April 2012

Too Faced Natural Face Radiance Palette and UNE makeup

I think I am going through a Boots shopping spree phase. There are just so many thing I like in this evil pharmacy that I just could not help myself.

I found the Too Faced Natural Radiance Palette and it is just love all around. A fighting fit rival to the Laura Mercier Bonne Mine palette and take on 10 rounds of boxing. I believe Jared Blandino ( creator of Too Faced Cosmetics) can happily rub his hands together in satisfaction with this palette.

I have been wearing the palette happily on my NC40 skin and it seems to be melding to throw off 7 kinds of radiance and glow smoke which perfect for spring.

There are 6 items in the palette, the Bronze veil is a powder bronzer which adds a healthy glow ( not pink, brown, orange or yellow) but just a light burnishness to the skin without feeling heavy/oily or dry. The blushers- a creme ( peachy nude) and powder ( sheeny shimmery dusky pink) works well together or alone on top of the bronzer. I was afraid that creme on top of powder would look cakey but this is not the case.

The concealer ( I was afraid it would be too light) seems to work on my skin tone, the brightener is ivory bisque again works on my skin to lighten any darkness I have ( corners of the eyes, around the mouth and nose). The star in the palette is the luminizer, if I could wear it all over I would, so beautiful and so sheeny that it takes of years when applied with a light hand,

The only problem I see is that it may not work on skin tones darker than mine- perhaps up to NC42 or maybe NW 50, but no further as the lightness of the colour will only look ashy on darker skin types.

comes with instructions for 3 looks- Supermodel sculpt, classic radiance and  Day Glow

can't see the bronzer furthest left, creme blush, powder blush, top row, concealer, luminizer and brightener

looking glow-ey, eyes- I tried the Loreal Intensa eyeliner in Gold Black, lips : Une sheerlips balm in  S08

i like the lip balm by Une, light topping of Une Glimmer lips gloss in G10

I like the palette so much that I bought 2 more back up just in case as I see myself reaching for this for quick face look ( which is helpful when I have 5 minutes to get out of the house). The instructions that come with the palette is very helpful and gives the impact necessary to carry of the palette. My favourite is the Day-Glow. Love it!!

One more thing, UNE is on a 3 for 2 in Boots and I  bought the TOP 3 eye palette PO1 ( neutral eye trio) and PO2 ( Plum eye trio) and picked up the Bronzer in 02 as a freebie. I told you, this is becoming a spree. I am very worried, so I will stop before I take over Boot. I really like the UNE eyeshadow textures ( creamy and powdery)- there is a beautiful navy blue and forest green which gives crazy amount of pigmentation for a gorgeous statement eye. 

Still test driving the L'oreal intenze eyeliner, initial impressions, the Black gold ( has gold shimmer) is looking like a soft khaki liner on me. maybe it will go with my UNE Universal eye palettes. 


Too faced can be bought from Boots ( online or at the bigger stores ) and on BeautyBay in the UK . The USA, the online site is better- there's so much info there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment